Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hats off to the Maestro for the Double Delight

Wow! Sachin’s 200* against South Africa today was one of the best ODI innings I have ever seen.. As the master blaster was in the 180s, just like millions in this nation my heart was in my mouth and I was hoping fervently that he would go on to break Saeed Anwar’s and Coventry’s records.. When he was on 187, there was a power cut and I was devastated and started cursing the EB. But immediately called up a friend and started following the match over the phone and it was in this fashion I heard him reach 195.Like a maniac I was jumping up and down. Power came back in the 49th over when he was on 199 and Dhoni was on strike. I was frustrated that Dhoni was not rotating the strike (but he did a fairly good job of despatching the ball to the boundaries). When the Little Master finally got his double century in the 3rd ball of the 50th over, it was EUPHORIA! I don’t even remember how I reacted that particular moment..It was all hazy then.. Understandably, all the news channels went berserk and for once I loved watching these channels as accolades started pouring in...hmm what a day.. Thank you Sachin for bringing so much of delight to the cricket lovers across the world.

Team India seems to be passing through a glorious phase. For the 1st time in the history of cricket we are the No.1 Test side in the world. We are doing fairly well in the ODIs as well. We have sensationalised Twenty20 through IPL and now it has become a much anticipated event in the world of cricket. Sehwag, Sachin,Dhoni and Gambhir are all in great form. Dhoni is getting better and better as a Captain and as a cricketer. The new players in the team are also blending in well. Ofcourse we continue to be in need of improvement in the departments of bowling and fielding.

Dear Sachin and Dear Team India, we wish you consistency and we all hope that you carry this golden form into the World Cup 2011 and bring us that much desired Cup and the glory! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment