Thursday, August 12, 2010

Buggo Buggu

Currently I’m bugged:

  • By the people who keep calling me on a consistent basis – not because they care, but because they want fodder for gossip. They make it a point to know all that is happening in my life. Helps them to improve their IQ, you see. And then they add their own bit to it (after all imagination is a boon) and then call up others and pass on the news (what is life without sharing... kind souls, them.).
  • By the people who take it upon themselves to advise me/ comment, at every given opportunity regardless of how much they actually know about what is going on in my life.
  • By the dumb power cuts that is driving me crazy.
  • By the heavy rains that have made things quite dull for the last few days.
  • By the stupid allergy in the eye. It is very irritating. (Pun intended)
  • By the lack of good Tamil movie release in the last one month.
  • By Nanda’s character in Aananthapurathu Veedu. (What sort of a guy would get angry with his parents because they died in a car crash leaving him all alone in this world when he is just thirteen... I mean he keeps blaming them as if they planned for it! Seriously... stupid guy.)
  • By the long wait for Enthiran.
  • By the few Grisham books I recently read.
  • By the change in perspective. I am not convinced anymore about the goodness of Lord Rama or the Pandavas. It is making me very uneasy. I grew up revering these heroes after all.
  • By the eternal hatred shown towards Brahmins in Tamil Nadu. I mean it is ok when politicians say or do such stuff. You can’t expect much from them. But even learned and otherwise “wise” people raising to the bait and taking up Brahmin bashing with relish is disgusting.
  • By the flab I seem to be accumulating at an alarming rate. It is giving me sleepless nights since I had belonged to the category of “Eat anything and stay chronically thin” for almost all through my life.
  • By the relentless hairfall. Going by the looks of it, coupled with the above mentioned bug, I’m going to be round, weighing roughly 150kgs and totally bald in 5 yrs 2 yrs from now.
  • By the fact that I have not travelled to my favourite city for quite sometime now.
  • By the closing down of my favourite restaurant here.
  • By my work – by the innovative torture techniques that our clients have started to use of late.
  • By the fact that I literally feel like a sacrificial goat, every time I step into an aeroplane or a train.
  • By the superbug that was in the news today. First Swine flu and now this. Great.

I wish to stop now. So many bugs in my life. Highly infuriating. Anyone with good debugging skills kindly contact me at the earliest.

5 comments:

  1. Kya hua ? Bugged CC make Preeti a sad girl ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ho. Don't be bugged with me, but the rant made me smile. I like rants you see, make me feel I am not alone!

    Enniway, my fave of the list was you being bugged with a movie character, seriously? :))

    And if you 'just' started putting on weight, means you're lucky anyway. There are people who have struggled all their lives! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Preeti: Hey yaar, now don't be sad... ok. Don't want to pass the bug. :)

    @DI: This rant made me feel good too! Like something bad getting out of the system.
    Oh yes. I seriously got annoyed with that character. Heard it was a feel good movie and sat down to watch it. But then the hero behaving like that was unacceptable and suddenly I felt all annoyed :(
    I have been putting on weight for quite some time now. Didn't take it seriously. Now that the results have started to show, I've started cribbing. Got to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And i am bugged by a billion things too! My steadily growing paunch being one of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good. Then go and do a post about ur bugs.

    ReplyDelete